You can book your own flight with an air charter operator—the company responsible for providing the aircraft and crew—but brokers offer services that can save you time and money. Brokers have:
- Access to a larger fleet of aircraft, allowing you to fly in the most efficient manner and one that best meets your schedule.
Relationships with multiple carriers in multiple locations (national and international) to provide seamless service wherever you are going.
- Knowledge of the air travel industry and access to information that will quickly identify options when weather or last-minute schedule changes require a different airport or aircraft.
- Access to safety information on pilots and aircraft.
- Knowledge of FAA operational regulations and restrictions, such as flight duty and rest requirements, which adds a layer of oversight so you have assurance that the charter operator is following protocols.
- Knowledge about necessary paperwork. Brokers will review the charter operator’s operating certificate, safety record and take care of your insurance needs.